Friday, January 8

New Year's Resolutions

There were three resolutions for 2015 out of which two were accomplished: finishing the Master's and travelling to the United States. I did not manage to cycle to work in the summer, but I can live with that.

For 2016, my three resolutions are: 1) to get abs by my 30 birthday; 2) to read one book a month; 3) to get involved in a charity.

With the first goal I was doing well until I managed to ignore that it had suddenly gotten cold on Monday (-20 degrees Celsius)  and refused to wear a scarf (I mistake I was obliged to correct the following day when my throat was sore). I have now been sick for 4 days - I did go to the gym on Wednesday, but it did not feel right so I decided to get well first and then to start training again.

With the second goal - to read one book a month - I have been doing quite well (maybe because I couldn't go to the gym and had some spare time?!). I started with my first book, The Rosie Project, on Monday and finished it on Thursday! January - done! On Friday morning I started with my second book, The ONE Thing. I started to collect input for the reading list as well - ideas are welcome!

In regards to the third resolution - getting involved with a charity - I plan to do this after my 30th birthday as I do believe a person has to focus on one (main) thing at a time to accomplish results so for the first half of the year I will train to get the fat percentage down by 8-10% and hopefully for the abs to show. As I do enjoy being with children then hopefully, once I can focus on charity work,  I will find a task related to make their lives a bit better.

And yes, I have other small goals as well, but I try to have 3 main goals for each year. If I would go by The ONE Thing then 3 might even be too much and I should change it for one goal per year, but that does depend on the amount of work that goes into achieving the goals. I have some ideas for 2017 as well and there I might need to change for 1-2 goals (I usually have one goal that I do not love and then something I would like to do).

A thought of the day - Things do not matter equally (Keller & Papasan "The ONE Thing")

No comments: